Current Graduate Students
Welcome to the School of Life Sciences graduate program!
Our goal is to provide you with broad, interdisciplinary training in modern approaches to life sciences research. We will help you develop the skills you need to embark upon a successful career path.
With mentoring from faculty who are experts in their respective fields, and with access to modern research facilities, our graduate students are successfully reaching their career goals.
Our graduate students are typically supported by teaching or research assistantships. You may receive additional financial support from the Graduate Programs Office, including supplemental summer stipends and conference travel grants.
We encourage you to search and apply for additional funding from other internal and external sources (see right).
Graduate Student Spotlight
Current year status: PhD candidateHometown: Pune, IndiaDegree program: Evolutionary BiologyStudent Status: Graduate
Current year status: PhD candidateHometown: Saltillo, MexicoDegree program: Environmental Life SciencesStudent Status: Graduate
Current year status: MS candidateHometown: Greenville, South CarolinaDegree program: Biology and SocietyStudent Status: Graduate
Current year status: PhD candidateHometown: Monroe, ConnecticutDegree program: BiologyStudent Status: Graduate
Current year status: MA candidateHometown: Missoula, MTDegree program: BiologyStudent Status: Graduate
The information below to provides useful publications and forms, as well as information on registration, writing your thesis or dissertation, and how to survive life as a graduate student.
Search through the information below to find how to proceed through your degree program.
- ASU Forms (all)
- Application for Graduation
- Consent for Access/Proxy
- Enrollment Request Forms ("Add/Drop" Forms)
- Graduate Program of Study
- Human Resources forms (all)
- Override Authorization Form (PDF)
Graduate Education Forms
School of Life Sciences Travel Grant forms
Application forms will be emailed to you at the appropriate time. Contact Wendi Simonson for more information.
If you are a current School of Life Sciences graduate student, we will email applications for funding opportunities to you at the appropriate time. Contact Yvonne Delgado or Wendi Simonson for more information.
- Graduate Education Travel Grants
- Edward and Linda Birge Graduate Travel Award
- Lisa Dent Memorial Fellowship
- Michael A. Cichan Memorial Award Endowment
- Peabody Family Memorial Fellowship
- SOLS Completion Fellowships
- SOLS Graduate Student Travel Grants
- SOLS Research Scholarships
- SOLS STRI Fellowships - spring semester
ASU Funding Opportunities
- ASU Graduate Education Financial Aid
- Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) - JumpStart Research Grant
- Graduate Education Completion Fellowships
- Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Affairs
- Other Fellowships available from Graduate Education
- American Association of University Women
- American Institute of Biological Sciences
- The American Physiological Society (APS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Society for Cell Biology
- The American Society of Human Genetics
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Animal Behavior Society
- Association for Women in Science - Central Arizona (AWIS-CAZ)
- The Biophysical Society
- Botanical Society of America
- Center for Insect Science
- Ecological Society of America (ESA)
- Endocrine Society
- Entomological Society of America
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Graduate Women's Association
- North American Benthological Society
- The Protein Society
- Sigma Xi - The Scientific Research Society
- Society for Applied Microbiology (UK)
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology
- Society for Developmental Biology
- Society for Freshwater Science
- Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Women in Neuroscience
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE)