We (Student and Faculty Mentor) agree to the following:
- The Student will engage in research in the Faculty Mentor’s lab during the semester and year indicated below.
- Although the Student must commit to a minimum of three hours of research per week for the entire semester, the Student is encouraged to commit more time to his/her research project.
- The Faculty Mentor will describe the duties and responsibilities of the volunteer research experience with expectations analogous to one of the SOLS undergraduate research credit courses (e.g., BIO/MIC/MBB 495).
- The Student is enrolled as a full-time student at ASU (12.0 credit hours or more for the semester indicated) and has a current cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- The Student and/or Faculty Mentor will contact the SOLUR Program (SOLUR@asu.edu) if the terms of this agreement change or if the Student is no longer working in the Faculty Mentor’s lab.
Please submit the form electronically (SOLUR@asu.edu) to receive permission to enroll in BIO 289.
A new form needs to be completed and submitted to the SOLUR Program (SOLUR@asu.edu) for each semester (Fall/Spring) that the student is participating in the SOLUR seminar course.