Your college career begins now
Welcome future Sun Devils! We are excited you have chosen Arizona State University and the School of Life Sciences as your home for the next four years.
Our primary concern is your success, so we encourage you to accept our offer to help in preparing you for college.
You are invited
Specifically, you are invited to participate in the BioBridgeprogram, a free, two-week event designed to give you a head start on your college career.
About the program
The transition from high school to college can be overwhelming. But tackling new expectations with friends and a larger community of students with common goals can make the transition easier.
Our summer program will help you:
- Learn strategies for succeeding in college
- Meet professors, undergraduate assistants, academic advisors and staff dedicated to your success
- Learn to think like a scientist
- Be successful in your introductory biology class (BIO 281)
- Discover research opportunities in the School of Life Sciences
- Learn note-taking tips and how to be proactive in a college class
- Get to know classmates for two of your freshmen classes
- Become part of the School of Life Sciences community
- Learn about important resources
- Become familiar with the beautiful ASU campus
Details you should know
- The program is free
- BioBridge 2020 runs Sunday, Aug. 2 - Friday, Aug. 14 — including weekends
- Schedule: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Attend classes and workshops facilitated by faculty members and student mentors
- Students signed up to live in residence halls will be able to move in early (more information will be provided closer to the start of the program)
Our promise to you
We promise — you won’t be sitting and falling asleep in a classroom all day!
This program is lively, engaging and thought-provoking. You will receive a lot of individual attention.
And, we promise that you'll come away feeling ready to start college at the ASU School of Life Sciences!
Why you should sign up for BioBridge
We want to make sure you have the tools and confidence you need to be successful as you begin your college career. We're sure you'll make new friends and feel comfortable talking with professors.
After BioBridge, we hope you’ll be even more curious about the science of life and excited to learn. And, we want you to know that we’re here to help!
Participation in BioBridge is by special invitation only. Space is limited to the first 48 students. We encourage you to register early!
Contact: Erika Nadile