Give to the School of Life Sciences
You can make a difference one student at a time
Sun Devil Giving Day
Even the smallest gift will make a difference in the lives of our students
Every year, the Arizona State University community comes together to celebrate Sun Devil Giving Day, a university-wide day of giving in which ASU supporters give to their passions through the university.
Your generosity is powerful — on Sun Devil Giving Day and all year round. Thank you so much for everything you do to support our students and our school. We as a department are so fortunate to be conducting life-changing research, mentoring students, and contributing to our science and our communities.
We are currently highlighting our Undergraduate Research Support Fund that helps provide our students with valuable hands-on experience and mentorship; our Graduate Crisis Fund that gives immediate assistance to our students experiencing financial emergencies; our Ask A Biologist Fund that brings biology educational resources to millions of parents, teachers and learners all around the world; and our School of Life Sciences General Fund that allows for the greatest flexibility in funding all of the broader areas that state funding limits, including student scholarships, access and creating new resources.
How can you make a difference?
Support students in research
When you support the School of Life Sciences Undergraduate Research Program Support Fund you are helping to ensure a student’s future - and you become partners in their success as they go on to careers in medicine, conservation, technology, and more. From cancer to Alzheimer’s, conservation to climate change, our undergraduate students will be the leaders and innovators for solutions to the issues that shape the modern world.
We are one of the largest departments on campus and continue to find new and innovative ways of pushing the boundaries of what is possible for our students. Hands-on research experiences are a vital part of a student's academic journey, and we need your help to give them access to the resources they need to succeed. Your support enables research, mentorship, networking, and professional development opportunities that will help them build the skills they need to take the next steps toward their future.
- Funding supports expanding opportunities for over 6,000 undergraduate students beyond what state funding and tuition can provide.
- Funding enables our clinical internship program, which matches students with the internship opportunities they need to cultivate their skills and experience
- Funding enables mentorship and professional development programs that provide invaluable guidance to our undergraduates as they navigate the competitive fields of graduate and medical school application and take the next steps in their careers.
- Funding provides printing and travel support for undergraduate students to participate in conferences and research competitions across the country
Support students in financial difficulty
Your support of the SOLS Grad Program Fund has made it possible for us to establish a Graduate Crisis Support Fund to assist our students in need. Your gift will provide critical and urgent financial assistance to graduate students who are facing unexpected expenses, emergencies, or other financial challenges that could derail their studies. Thanks to you, this fund has helped many students overcome financial hurdles and stay on track with their research and academic goals.
Our graduate students are at the heart of scientific research, and we need your help to give them every resource they need to succeed. When you give to the SOLS Grad Program fund you become partners in innovation as they push the boundaries of knowledge, develop new technologies, and go on to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Your donations support emergency financial assistance for students in 19 graduate programs beyond what state funding and tuition can provide.
- Your gift will alleviate students’ emergency medical, travel, housing, and technology burdens and allow them to pursue their degree uninterrupted.
- Established in 2020, your support has enabled over 20 graduate students to overcome financial obstacles.
- Your generosity helps to ensure the promise of a graduate education is accessible for everyone.
Support ground-breaking research and student success
When you support the School of Life Sciences you become a partner in the academic success of our students, the research discoveries of our faculty, and a future of solutions and sustainability. We are one of the largest departments on campus and continue to find new and innovative ways of pushing the boundaries of what is possible for our students.
Your gift supports the causes that you care about most. From cancer to Alzheimer’s, conservation to climate change, your gift advances research for a better future.
- Funding supports expanding opportunities for over 6,000 students beyond what state funding and tuition can provide.
- Funding enables mentorship programs, clinical internship partnerships, and scholarships and travel awards.
- Funding establishes and supports outreach events and programs that advance science education across all ages
Support outreach and education
When you give to the Ask A Biologist K to 12 Outreach Program Support Fund you are supporting one of the world’s greatest biology learning resources for students, teachers, parents, and lifelong learners. The Ask A Biologist website is visited, on average, over 110,000 times each day and has answered more than 45000 biology questions.
Ask A Biologist continues to be free to the public with the help of our volunteers and supporters. Your gift will ensure this 25+ year legacy will continue to enrich the minds of young learners for generations to come.
- We use your gift to create illustrations that help explain complex topics to a wide audience
- We use your gift to develop powerful interactive learning tools through games and simulations
- We use your gift to support educators as they partner with us to create content for k-12 classrooms all across the world
- We use your gift to develop and maintain our website and carry our resources to over 4 million visitors in 195 countries
- We use your gift to translate our learning resources and activities into new languages to reach an even wider audience
ASU School of Life Sciences Courtyard rendered site plan
School of Life Sciences Courtyard
We are so excited to share some of the progress we have made in renovating the SOLS Courtyard
We have made so much progress in the courtyard over the past year. This artist rendering of the courtyard plans wonderfully showcases how we hope to shape this area to be a place of refuge, education, and engagement for our community. A huge thank you goes out to the Ulman Foundation, Desert Botanical Gardens and for your amazing generosity last Giving Day. With foundational construction complete, we are moving forward with design and construction to restore and provide new additions to the desert landscaping around Minckley’s pond where the rare desert pupfish will be placed, as well as adding relevant art and signage in recognition of the Indigenous communities for whom this is their ancestral land.